Welcome to CDS’s new Affiliate Faculty
There is no disputing that we are living in unprecedented times. That is why it is all the more important that we find new and novel ways to connect with one another and share ideas. It is in this spirit that the CDS Affiliated Faculty came together on Friday afternoon for our Annual Affiliated Faculty gathering.
The remote event, which took the form of lightning talks from six faculty from across the university, and one intrepid CDS master’s student, as well as breakout sessions, was attended by 30 affiliates from as far away as Shanghai, China. The talks covered topics from climate prediction, computational medicine, and consumer data security and privacy.
After the lightning talks concluded, the event was closed out with words from CDS Director, Julia Kempe. During her closing remarks she welcomed CDS collaborator Dr. Aravinda Chakravarti to highlight the upcoming Computational Biology & Medicine Colloquium, a talk series created in collaboration with CDS, NYUGSOM Center for Human Genetics and Genomics, and the NYU Courant Institute for Mathematical Sciences.
The Event also allowed the opportunity to formally welcome nine new Affiliated Faculty to the CDS community:
- Brad Aouizerat, Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Enrico Bertini, Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Engineering
- Anna Harvey, Professor of Politics
- Danny Yuxing Huang, Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, CSP, CCS
- Daniel Neill, Associate Professor of Computer Science and Public Service, Urban Analytics
- Eric Oermann, Professor, Neurosurgery
- Minsu Park, Assistant Professor, Social Research and Public Policy
- Lerrel Pinto, Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- Itai Yanai, Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
Welcome to all our new Affiliates, and we look forward to welcoming all the new 2021 Affiliates to come!